Thursday, March 10, 2005

 

FYI

Day class: Your papers are due today. I'm looking forward to reading them and will do my best to get them back to you next week. We'll be watching a movie today called "The Celluloid Closet." We'll discuss this movie, "Slut" and "Holy Fratimony " next week. Jot down some questions/thoughts about any or all of these for our discussions.

Night class: Don't hesitate to email me if you are stuck with your papers or you are uncertain about something. Also, make sure you know correct MLA format. There are two links in the sidebar to help you find proper citing methods.

Everyone: Starting with this essay, I will only be making grammar/punctuation corrections on the first page. I will still be reading your entire essay and commenting on content, but I will limit the amount of mechanical errors I mark.
Start reading The American Way of Death. You should have about half of the book read when we return from spring break. This is a quick read and I think you'll find it interesting. As you read, keep in mind your next paper will be persuasive/research. That means you will have to take a stance on an issue related to death and convince your reader (persuade) with the help of researched information. I will be giving you a detailed handout of the assignment after spring break. Just have it brewing in your
head as you read.

Don't forget! If you are doing a presentation, you are expected to turn in a two page paper as well. The paper should address the following questions:
Is this source reliable?
Should it be questioned?
Are there biases?
Omitted information?
Why is the article relevant to the class?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?