Sunday, March 20, 2005

 

Spring Break Reading

I think it is appropriate that you are assigned to read The American Way of Death during Easter week. When reading Mitford's book keep in mind:
1. Some of her numbers (prices, etc.) are from the 1963 version. She often adds footnotes to reflect the current costs. But these updates are from 1998, so prices have most likely increased in the past seven years.
2. Look for connections between TAWoD and Born To Buy.
3. If you are squimish, skip the details about embalming--from the top of page 45 to the bottom of 49.

Enjoy the reading and have a good break.
Also, I will be out of town from Wednesday to Sunday. If you email me during that time, I will not respond until I return.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?