Saturday, May 07, 2005

 

Annotated Bib

I have created a list of media websites (hopefully all the links work). Using one of the following websites (or one you already are familiar with), write an annotated bib on a feature story. Look at not only what is being said, but also how it is said. Are their biases, agendas, omitted information? If you are liberal and looking at a liberal website, make sure to be objective and think critically about the content. (Same if you are conservative looking at a conservative site) I’ve done my best to include links to liberal and conservative minded sites. I think it would be good for you to look at the other side of the fence. See what is being written about and compare the angles each side is taking on the same story and what stories are being focused on. I don’t recommend writing your annotated bib on a story from the opposing side because I think you’ll find it too easy to tear it apart.
Again, don't have to limit yourself to the sites listed below, but all of the sites are useful and interesting (at least to me).

  • Media Research Center

  • Accuracy In Media

  • AlterNet

  • FAIR

  • Independent Media Center

  • Michael Moore

  • Media Matters


  • Due 5/17 (night and day classes)
    Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?